Before you start the application process, you might find the following advice helpful.
- When requesting transcripts, request an extra one for yourself.
- Line up your references early and follow up with them. Be sure that they submit their recommendations in time to meet the deadlines.
- Make the choice about GMAT preparation that is right for you, weighing considerations such as your needs, cost, and time. In addition to in-person GMAT prep courses, there are online courses, web-based tools, and books.
- Application essay requirements vary from university to university, and program to program. Don’t write one essay and expect it to meet the needs of all applications. Tailor your essay(s) for your chosen Fordham program, ensuring to answer the specific question(s) asked.
- Application essays are a wonderful opportunity to explain to an admissions committee why you are the perfect candidate for a program. Use the essays to highlight academic and career accomplishments, personal achievements, and other unique qualities.
- If there is an issue that you feel must be addressed in the application, explain the issue and how you grew personally as a result of the issue. If you did not perform to your ability in undergraduate studies, for example, be sure to indicate how you have compensated for a poor performance and what sort of maturation process you have experienced since then.
- While it is important to be positive, embellishment of academic, career, or personal achievements is not tolerated and is grounds for denial.
Ready to Apply?
Getting admitted to Fordham U means putting your best foot forward. Review admission requirements and help your application stand out.
What You Need to Know to Apply
|Regular Decision Deadline||January 15|
|Early Decision Deadline||N/A|
|Early Action Deadline||November 1|
Academic Factors The Admissions Department Considers
|Class Rank||Not Required|
|Secondary School Record||Required|
|Standardized Test Scores (SAT, ACT, etc.)||Required|
|Formal Demonstration of Competencies||Not Required|
|TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language)||Required|
|Other Tests (Wonderlic, WISC-III, etc.)||Not Required|
Credits Accepted By This College
|Advanced Placement (AP) Courses||Yes|
|Dual-Credit Classes||Implied No|
|Life Experience Credits||Yes|
Here's How to Track Down the Admissions Department
|Admissions Department Website||www.fordham.edu/admissions/|
|Address||Thebaud Hall Bronx, NY 10458-9993|