Correctional Nurse Resume
The job of a correctional nurse is very risky as he or she has to nurse prisoners. These prisoners could be incarcerated in a jail, juvenile detention center, or a halfway house. While working for inmates, nurses have to leave behind the feelings of caring a prisoner, and do their duties as per nursing ethics. The duties will be similar to other nurses like administering medications, providing first aid, monitoring health, and handling emergency situations.
If you have good assessment and nursing skills with an RN degree and clinical experience, edit this sample resume to fit in your job skills and abilities.
Seeking a correctional nurse position with a state-run prison where my nursing experience and assessment skills can be used in providing first aid and emergency care to inmates.
Summary of Skills:
- Experience in providing clinical care to outpatient
- Skilled in providing first aid and emergency care
- Ability to take, and interpret vital signs measurements
- Knowledge of nursing interventions and techniques
- Excellent documentation and communication skills
- Adept in educating and building therapeutic relationships with inmates
- Ability to coordinate with caregivers and follow instructions
Mentor Correctional Health Services, Inc., Norwalk, CT
March 2012 - Present
- Assess physical, medical, social, and psychological status of patients
- Draft assessment reports for from the time of patients admission, confinement, and discharge
- Plan nursing care working closely with health care providers
- Monitor and communicate patients' medical conditions to right health care professional
- Recommend changes in medications observing treatment outcome
- Provide direct patient care utilizing nursing skills
- Educate patients on whom and when they should visit as a follow up
Fabulous Health Center, Norwalk, CT
July 2010 - February 2012
- Assisted physicians in treating inmates
- Collected specimens for laboratory testing and interpreted results
- Kept appropriate records of inmates' vital signs
- Coordinated with medical professionals and ensured continuity of care
- Monitored medical supplies and maintained proper records
- Assessed patients and provided appropriate health care
- Managed other responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
ABC University, Norwalk, CT
- Correctional Certification for Healthcare personnel
Convention for National Healthcare, Norwalk, CT
Fastidious Correctional Nurse adept at providing excellent nursing care within various correctional facilities. Committed to attending to patient needs and identifying possible medical issues. Specialize in coordinating activities with nursing staff and maintaining accurate patient records.
¥ Registered nurse and a licensed practical nurse with required certification
¥ Substantial experience working in hospital and correctional settings
¥ Impressive knowledge of nursing procedures and practices
¥ Proficient in the use of database management tools
¥ Trained in First Aid and CPR
¥ Ability to work flexible shifts
¥ Strong observational skills
¥ Monitored patient progress and responded to medical emergencies.
¥ Noted signs of illness and provided updates to physician.
¥ Took patient blood samples according to doctor’s orders.
¥ Ensured that implementation of proper safety procedures.
¥ Maintained a database of all patient information.
¥ Updated the medical histories of each patient.
¥ Provided follow-up as required.
¥ Monitored medical supplies and ensured that medications were properly secured
¥ Ensured that patient privacy was upheld in accordance with state/federal regulations
¥ Coordinated care efforts with officials at correctional facilities
¥ Applied bandages and surgical dressings as necessary
¥ Identified and resolved patient care issues
¥ Assisted with the training of nursing staff
¥ Recorded patient vital signs.
There are plenty of opportunities to land a Correctional Nurse job position, but it won’t just be handed to you. Crafting a Correctional Nurse resume that catches the attention of hiring managers is paramount to getting the job, and LiveCareer is here to help you stand out from the competition.
View All Nursing Resumes