Roman History Term Paper Topics: 15 Unique Ideas
Whether you are studying classics, learning Latin, or simply taking part in a history course, you may be required to write a term paper on the subject of Roman history. With the Roman Empire having spanned several centuries, and have had a huge influence on a vast area of the globe, there are numerous different things that you can write about.
For example, you may wish to talk about the Roman army and how it was organised, or possibly you may wish to talk about any specific military leaders. Alternatively, you may wish to examine various leaders of the Empire as a whole, such as Julius Caesar, Nero, or any of the other famous emperors who ruled during that time. In fact, as well as looking at some of the more famous leaders, you may wish to complete your term paper on a topic relating to one of the less well-known Roman emperors.
Another thing that the Romans were famous for was there ingenuity and inventions. In fact, some inventions from that era are still used today; such was the genius and success of the inventions created during that time. As you can see, there are plenty of topics that you can use for your term paper; however, to give you a head start, you may wish to take a look at some of the ideas below.
- What caused the end of the Roman Empire?
- An analysis of Roman road building techniques
- What influence did Roman organisational skills - in relation to armies - have on present-day military formations?
- An analysis of how the rich and the poor lived in Roman times?
- How big was the Roman Empire?
- The life and times of Julius Caesar
- How accurately is the Roman Empire depicted in modern-day films and television shows?
- An in-depth study into Roman gods and religion during the time of the Roman Empire
- And analysis of the history of Latin and how it is still important today
- An in-depth study of the legal status assigned to different Roman citizens and other people during the era of the Roman Empire
- What did the Romans eat?
- What role did women play during the year of the Roman Empire, and how were they treated?
- The justice system during the era of the Roman Empire
- A study of Roman emperors and how the Empire was governed
- How did taxation work during the time of the Roman Empire?
About our editors and researchers
We spend much time picking the best academic and business writers to create effective, easy-to-understand guides for students all over the world.
We are not a custom writing service - have never been and will never be. We are against plagiarism, test-taking and other forms of academic dishonesty. We work hard to produce educational material that would help students just like you get better grades for your writing assignments.
Online educational materials
If you need extra writing assistance, feel free to use the sites listed below - we have manually checked them and they are all legit.
If you would like to help us create an ultimate free student resource, do not hesitate to contact us with your suggestions, ideas and guest posts.
11 Impressive Research Paper Ideas On Ancient Egypt
You can be asked to write a research paper on ancient Egypt as a means to completing your course, or even as a take away assignment. From time to time your history teacher can assign you some of these tasks in order to help you understand the history of Egypt, or to help you learn how to dig deeper to find information that you can use to write a good paper. The following are some useful ideas that will come in handy when you are writing a research paper on this:
- Ancient Egypt culture
- The pharaohs
- Religious architecture in ancient Egypt
- The ancient Egyptian portraitures
- Religion in ancient Egypt
- The concept of death in ancient Egyptian culture
- Role of women in the ancient Egyptian society
- The origin of ancient Egyptian civilization and its effect on African culture
- Ancient art in Egypt
- Egyptians and ancient agriculture
- The pyramids
The one thing that we know for sure is the fact that ancient Egypt was a very fascinating and complex country for so many reasons. People traveled far and wide to come to Egypt, to see the mystery of the pyramids, to witness the power of the pharaohs and so forth.
Ancient Egypt is as a matter of fact one of the most commonly talked about places all over the world in history, and it is because of this reason that you will need to consider writing on some of these interesting topics.
Even as you write on these topics, there is so much that you will be able to learn in the process. So much intriguing things that you can come across, and most importantly, the exposure. There is a very good reason why ancient Egypt is a subject that is constantly a part of the history curriculum and syllabus. To be precise, ancient Egypt played a significant role in the structure of and proliferation of civilization as we know it today. Therefore studying this important country is more like going back into time and learning about the beginning of civilization, understanding how some things are the way they are today and so forth.
Remember that when you are writing such a paper, you will first of all have to choose a timeline where you will focus your writing, for the paper to remain relevant.